My Kameron is approaching his 6th birthday towards the end of April. SIX! My baby will be six!
His personality is about as big as this universe. We have only been in this small town for a year now, and every body knows Kameron. He will chit chat the day away to anyone who will listen. Young, old, male or female. It really doesn't matter. He is a true and genuine friend. One that can cheer you up on your sad days and make you laugh on your silly ones. It surprises me that he is such a rough and tough little guy, but can bring you to tears with his tender side. He is just perfect.
The other day Greg and I checked our kids out of school for a special lunch date with just mom and dad. Greg went into the school to get Kam. Mrs. Bassett works in the office and informed Greg that she had a story for him. When people tell us these things we are always a little uneasy. We never know what Kam says at school. So the story goes as follows:
As told by Mrs. Bassett
The other day I was in Kameron's class working with some students, and Kameron was next to me drawing a picture of his house. He told me that his house has a lot of roofs on it, and continued to draw a particularly pointy roof, and then he said,
"Hey Mrs. Bassett, do you know what this is?"
I replied no.
"This is me and my Dad's man cave."
I asked him what a man cave was.
"A man cave is a room where my mom and my sister are not allowed."
I then asked him what they did in their man cave
"My dad and I have a beanbag and a pool table in there, it is a fun room."
I continued to watch him draw his house and then he looked up at me and said,
"Well my mom is allowed in the man cave, but only when she has to clean it."
I then looked down at Kameron and told him to go home and tell his Dad to clean his own man cave.
Here, Here Mrs. Bassett! Here, Here!
1 comment:
Where's your "woman cave" that Greg's only allowed into to clean it? I think that should be the whole house!!!
Syd and I really miss having Kam over while the big girls are at school. I'm sure he won't even remember us :(
Post a Comment