I have to apologize for not posting but we do not have the Internet in these parts yet, but we are moving to the other end of town to a more permanent rental (with Internet access).
I am not used to small towns yet. I had a conversation with someone and I could not tell you what it was about. It sounded like I had a conversation with a guitar string. When he spoke to me it sounded like this... Beeeer neeer neeer. I haven't the slightest.
Also did you know that small towns have a fire alarm that will sound at an ear piercing level that you can hear throughout the town? That way the firemen will know when to run over to the fire house. Whatever happened to a good old fashion calling tree? I don't know! Well the first time it went off I thought I needed to hunker down because I have heard that sound before in World War II movies and it means that planes are flying over and are about to drop bombs. Frightening I tell ya'.
Guess what the best part is? We don't have a garbage service. You have to haul your own garbage out of town yourself. So I was thinking I should start a garbage service just for something to do. After I am a garbage man, I think I will run for mayor. I think all I would have to do is sign my name on a sign-up sheet at the library and the position is mine.
Also, you cannot go anywhere without seeing some sort of stuffed animal on the wall. It kind of creeps me out. I hate going out to eat and seeing a giant buffalo staring at me. The grocery store has a deer head hanging over the meat case. That will make you think twice about the meat you buy. Even the elementary school has a giant stuffed coyote for their mascot. Gross! It's even positioned in a threatening way and it's bearing its' teeth so it looks like it's going to get ya. Hallee makes sure she steers clear of that trophy case on her way to class.
So besides everyone staring at me wherever I go, (and when I mean stare, I mean it...It is giving me a complex and and I am constantly checking my zipper and things like that.) we seem to be holding it together.
Pictures are coming soon. I can't download them on to the libraries computer. But believe me, your gonna love them.
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like you are having lots of fun. You should write down all the funny little things that happen and write a book.
I'm loving your Delta posts (even without pictures). I have a very interesting picture painted in my mind. And you know they're just staring at you because they haven't seen a beauty like you for ages :)
Post a Comment